LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuwaraj Arade   14 September 2022

Car damage due to fall of building structure

My car damaged due to the fall of cement verticals of building structure recently. Due to this incident my car front bonnet and engine damaged. My building structure is 7 years old and builder has done society handover in 2017. This incident happened on  09-Sep-2022. regarding this incident I raised complaint to builder and asked to reimbues my financial loss happened due to  this incident. In response to this complaint, builder responded as " He is not responsible for this structural damage after 7 years on handover of  building transfer to society. So wanted to know, Who is responsible for my damage either builder or society. I submitted complaint letter to society as well and asked for reimbursement. Society is not responded as of now. So, Can I claim this to society? Is society bylaw have such kind of provision to reimburse upon damage of personal property on fall of society structure? Please help and resolve my query. 

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 September 2022

It is no one fault.  How can you say it is the fault of so and so?  Claim insurance with solid proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register