LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharath Kumar C (software engineer)     03 June 2015

Cancellation of sale deed


We have bought a property in 2006 from a layout developer in bangalore, who has a gpa from landowner. Now before we bought the property, in 2004 the same was registered to another party by layout developer with some issue in dimensions of the plot. Therefore, Layout developer has, however taken the GPA from that party back to himself in 2005. 

Now we need to cancel the sale deed executed in 2004 as it appears in our EC. Now, as the layout developer becomes representative for both buyer and seller, by the means of GPA, Can he cancel the sale deed?? 

if cancelled, will the EC entry be deleted? (note: 2005 gpa is unregistered but notarised. we have the original sale deed of 2004 sale also).

Many thanks,




 1 Replies

bsrao   03 June 2015

If a GPA is existing as on date, then the GPA holder (developer) can cancel it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register