LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Agarwal (Manager)     27 February 2012

Can we ask for rent in between of case?


We are in between of a case filed in Agra Lower Court. As per Law Rent Control Act does not apply on it.

Tenant has not paid rent from last 2.5 years and has admitted in court. Regarding Rent I have 2 questions:

1. Can you give application in court for recovery of rent in betwwen of case?

2. As rent was decided rs. 10000 per month in year 2002 and has not been increased up till now, and at present rents has increased too much and same property can be rent out at around rs. 50000 per month, can we give application in court to increase rent as per current market value?

if yes what is the procedure and how can be do it?


Amit Agarwal

Mobile: +91 9289352451 


 3 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     27 February 2012

1) you can ask for recovery of rent.

2) the tenant may contest that the rent is more.

3) hundred ruppee stamp agreement has no legal value, so tenant can start any other legal business.

Amit Agarwal (Manager)     27 February 2012

Thanks for your quick reply.

than what should we do? However Tennat can say rent is more..... my question is .... can we request court in between of case to ask tennat to pay rent for the period which he has not paid and can request for valuer to evalute the value.



Amit Agarwal

Mobile: 9289352451

Jasmeet Singh Ahuja (Advocate)     26 July 2012

who is yr lawyer at Agra?


Jasmeet Singh Ahuja Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query