Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi (Student)     09 January 2013

Can the indian law be used to sue girlfriends who cheat ?

Hello members,

I know that the title is quite shocking and aggressive, but I'm sure that this concern lies in the heads of many people.
In our country, thousands of people get into a relationship every day and more than thousands fall apart. Like we all know, a broken heart is the hardest to heal. The feeling of being cheated upon is so intense that many depressed people go to suicide levels. Don't we see daily in our newspapers about college students killing themselves because of relationship- failures ?
Well, you know what? I think such people are cowards who can't take control of themselves. They are totally dependent on their partners and when the partner stabs their back, its all over for them. I'm telling you all this because I've been through this. Yeah! We all feel like losers. 
Friends, everything happens for a reason. If not this girl, then there a hundred other beautiful girls waiting out there for you. But that does not mean that we can let anyone play with our feelings and at last, tell us things like- "Its not working out!", or "I've found someone better!". 
Being this the case, I would like to know from our esteemed legal heads if we can prosecute such people of low character legally. Can we sue them for fraud, mis-faith, cheating, etc? I know there are many people who are thinking on the same lines as I am, but are intimidated to come open with their issues. 

On behalf of everyone I would like to know the solution to my problem so that it would help the greater cause. 

Everyone is valuable and no one can take us for a ride, right ? Moreover I was just 16 yrs old when we had physical inter-course, while she was 18. Can we file a case of cheating of minor ? Please respond to me quickly. I'm still 17 years old (minor again ! )



 4 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     09 January 2013

No legal remedy especially for male in this situation. If one feels heartbroken n depressed he must use PSYCHOTHERAPY + MEDICATION + MEDITATION to come out of it. No effective & timely legal remedy is available for males here

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     09 January 2013

forget about false love promise and cheat, even adultery by women not punishable but for both, men are punishable

manoj (designer)     12 January 2013

yes there is try to find the post on cheating girl friend in this forum same situation here man any thing call on to my num 9894412748

manoj (designer)     18 January 2013

false promise of marriage by getting money or intention to cheat can be sued in court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query