LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Can my lawyer represent me when i am abroad

I am out of India for few months and my lawyer said he will represent me in the court. On the court date he just told judge that I am out of country so judge said we will wait for him to return. I may not return for over 6 months. I have already filed my reply to my wife's petition and submitted several proofs. Can my case go ex-parte? I heard that I can request for video conferencing but i do not think judge will approve it.


 2 Replies

Smita_L01042008 (student)     17 September 2014

 1. You have not mentioned nature of litigation initiated by your wife?

2. In general, your suit may not go ex-parte if your written statement is on record of court

3. In case you are travelling abroad for such a long period, it is appropriate to make an application before court to get exemption from your apperance with a view to avoid any adverse order/ penalty. 

LoneFighter (IT)     17 September 2014


If the sections filed were 420/417/509, Is there any official procedure to plead judge for Persons return and temporarily halt the trials till then.

He is staying abroad on employment purposes.

If Judge wont agree, Is it possible that they serve summons through the company where he initially used to work and had gone abroad for the same company's project.

Do Court takes everything into consideration like, it is very important for accused to nurture his hard-earned career also. The case might turn out to be false later, but the career compromised cant be brought back in any manner. Can this be a valid argument to plead Honorable Judge.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register