LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mourya   23 April 2024

Can any lawyer help us.

Hello im mourya from chennai. In 2021 my mom's brother sold my grandfather property , jewels   fixed deposits everything without my mom's consent. Obtaining a legal heir certificate as only son and not mentioning my moms name. We saw a lawyer he requested 15000 to send a notice. With friends help we arranged the money and the notice was sent but he didnt recieve the notice claiming the door is locked and returned to the advocate office. Again the lawyer requested to arrange 1 lakh. So he will with the commissioner of police as we didnt have that kind of money we left it. Its been 3 years since he sold but nothing cant be done as we dont have money to initiate the case. We were waiting for my mom PF from her old company were she was working from 1987  -2007. In 2007 the company forced her to quit the job and paid some money along with 2 lakhs as PF SETTLEMENT. Now after her retirement when we contacted the company PF and PENSION. The company delayed nearly 2 years and now claiming the PF as been settled in 2007 itself without my mom signing as form or any consent. When enquired with some retired EPFO employees they said to contact a lawyer and file a complaint. If anyone who can help us in 1 case it would be helpful we would pay whatever the lawyer demands. We are having a monthly income of 9000. My mom is 60 years old we are helpless and suffering a lot my mom's health condition is worst she almost lost her life due to low sugar but some how saved and doctors removed her finger in feet. She couldnt walk her legs were swollen. Anyone here who can help us in the property or PF IT WOULD BE HELPFUL. I have the papers for the property he sold including legal heir, death certificates etc. I request somehow to help us we were in a difficult state. Please treat this issue urgently and help us. 


 13 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2024

You can contact any lawyer either from this forum or outside. 

It is you who has to choose a lawyer of your choice and not that a lawyer will volunteer to take up your case because it is contrary to the advocates act and would be considered as solicitation. 

Solicitation is prohibited. 

Mourya   24 April 2024

Sir im asking for help. If anyone would be interested in taking up the case as we are not financially able to provide lawyers. But after the case is finished i can pay them what they are requesting.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 April 2024

A local lawyer may be preferred. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2024

You can get free legal service if you can approach district level services authority office available in all the court premises.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 April 2024

WHy would you pay the lawyer so huge amount for nothng, just send a letter of calim to the office -mention the oustanding amount with damages and whatever on the held amount. You don even neeed a lawyer, your mother can write file aplication before labor court .No need of any lawyer or any court fee. 

you can also send message to ;


Mourya   25 April 2024

Thanks for your response sir we paid only for the property issue. We didnt do anything regarding the PF. As the PF belongs to Mumbai EPFO. in 2022 when we visited the EPFO CHENNAI they said that the PF & PENSION belongs to MUMBAI. And they gave us the MUMBAI EPFO address and asked us to courier the scheme certificate,  FORM 10D, ID PROOFS etc as no response we contacted the company HR and they also delayed a lot after mailing CEO. And waiting for 4 + months their reply was PF is already settled. And scheme certificate was lost. And the blame is on us we should give them affidavit etc. And moreover she worked from 1987 - 2007 only 2 lakhs is the PF?.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2024

You are right person to decide about the worthiness of the claim with regard to the proposed legal battle. 

You may contact any other lawyer in the local and obtain advice on all such further issues. 

Mourya   25 April 2024

I have contacted legal aid help through mail from state and national still no response. 

Shashi Dhara   25 April 2024

Let your mother complaint to mahila ayog.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2024

What is the issue for which you are seeking legal assistance? 

As to the property issue, your mother can file a partition where the property is situated. She may seek free legal assistance from the respective Taluka/ District Legal Service Authority.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2024

You may not get response to your approach through email from legal aid.

You visit the free legal aid office in person and give an application seeking their support for free legal assistance to your case. 


Mourya   27 April 2024

Thanks for the replies sirs. Any guidance where to visit do i need to visit high court or any district service authority avaliable i live in ashok nagar chennai. The property sold is in villivakkam chennai. Any idea or guidance. Should i take my mother as well to the request. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 April 2024

You can visit the State legal services authority situated in the high court campus of Madras high court.

You will find the district legal services authority office also there and give an application seeking assitance for your legal matters 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register