Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Reshamwala (DM)     11 May 2012

Can a pvt bank can terminate any employee with suspension

Hello Friends,

I am working for a pvt Bank in mumbai , now bank is asking me to resign reason for it is I have purchased a second hand mobile and I have paid 50% and promise to pay 50% later after checking of mobile but due to some reason he file a FIR against me and bank came to know about it. But I dont have to resign but bank is. forcing me to resign , Can a bank terminate me on this ground.

Please suggest

Learning

3 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     11 May 2012

If you resign it would be mistake on your part.  They should not terminate you without propery inquiry, serving chargesheet and without giving a fair and reasonable opportunity to defend yourself.  Compromise with the party who filed case against you, pay off remaining 50% to him and tell the bank there is no case against me.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 May 2012

Settle the matter and obtain clean chit. A competent and experienced lawyer can help you.Intervention by elders, well wishers, influencial near and dear ones and acquintances can support you.Highlight that faulty mobile was being sold to you by the indivisual and settle the matter. Sometimes such matters may become difficult if handled alone. As SCN has been issued it shall become part of your personnel file and bank may not conceal in reference check. It is better to clear the matter once for all, on record.

You have been well adviced by learned experts/members in both the threads initiated by you.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Can-an-employee-be-terminated-on-ground-of-loss-of-confidenc-57480.asp

Forum Home > Others > General Discussion > Can an employee be terminated on ground of loss of confidenc

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2012

Normally banks may not like to continue with the services of a person accused of financial impropriety in criminal case.  They may be having the appropriate clause in their standing order/code of conduct.  But threat does not man that one can be arbitrarily asked  to lave.  There has to be a chargesheet followed by iniquiry

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register