LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay kumar (sf)     27 February 2017

Builder deviated from approved building plan

I have finalized an under construction independant house property from a builder who is also the owner of the plot with size 126 sqyds in HMDA layout in hyderabad. While verifying the documents I found that the construction has been deviated from the actual approved design plan. The approved plan shows construction with one bedroom hall and kitchen an d 3meters offset facing the road within the compound wall of the building. Whereas the builder has built a 2 BHK house in the same plan. Is it advisable to buy this property. Builder is saying occupancy certificate is not required for this building since it is less than 266sqyds and government will ask for mortgage of land only when above 266sqyds. If mortgage then only construction is checked for deviation. If we go by govt approved plan we will get only one BHK, everyone goes for this type of construction only, no need to worry and such things. He has already sold two more houses which are constructed similarly. I could not check with the owners of the other houses since they are not available. Please provide your inputs on how to proceed in this case. Thank you.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 February 2017

You are aware of such treatment of unathorised constructions by your State Government.  Either get the plan regularised under Amnesty or do not go to that house which has some complications.  There are several house easily available without dragging you into complications and risks.  A home gives peace and not deprives the valuable thing.  Decision is yours and members can not guide you to abett that is not legally proper.

1 Like

Vinay kumar (sf)     01 March 2017

Thank you for your invaluable advice. I am not going for that property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads