LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshata (project analyst)     17 October 2013

Broadband connection

I recently moved into the new flat and decided on take a good broadband connection however the local operator does not allow me to get the connection, he is forcing me to get the connection from him which cost more for low speed connection because he does not allow anyone else in that area. This is apartment of 36 flats and none have the freedom to choose their provider

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 October 2013

Record such transactions (while being forced: audio/visual).

Lodge a complaint with society, police, TRAI.

Unite all flat owners, stand as a witness to each other, call all other companies’ representatives and obtain the best deal.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

You can ignore the local agent and approach the service provider directly for broadband services who will be readily wiling to acknowledge your requirements especially in the present competitive scenario. 

Akshata (project analyst)     22 October 2013

i did lodge the complain with the society association with no result. he told he can facilitate the talk however cannot help beyond that. Police is different ball game all together they might call him or pretend to do so and tell him something but on the background the operator might have a set up of monthly bride. even if i let go my ethics and pay bribe it can only be for one time and not monthly 

Akshata (project analyst)     22 October 2013

i did approach the service provider directly for broadband services that is when i got to know about the dadagiri in this area. they would not provide me the connection as mountainous becomes an issue as this guy will cut all the cables within couple of days it’s been laid and also threatens the people. Since the service provider person requested me not share his number with the operator for safety reasons 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register