Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar shinde (student)     10 November 2012

Bought leasehold property - what documents to prepare ?

My father has brought a leasehold property in Pune. (Maharashtra) in 1989. SInce then he did not do the required procedure to transfer the property on his name through proper govt. channel.  Now, since many such properties in the area have done constructions (illegal), Govt has put transfer of property ON HOLD. Govt. is yet to come to any solution. Hopefully,. all such constructions will be legalised by charging a penalty fee.

Now the question is, The original owner from whom we bought the property is 70 years old as on date. What are the documents that we should prepare so that we dont face any problems in future about owenership and transfer of property to my fathers name, in case the original owner dies.

1) Power of Attorny is enough to transfer the property on my father's name? 

2) Can we make Relinquish Deed from owner of the said sold property to my fathers name?

3) ANy other document/way to make sure, in future we dont face any problem in establishing our ownership of house?

4) Can Original owner's children claim their right on the property? ( SOme of the bills - Water bill, tax bills are still on original owners name.  But electricity bill comes on my father's name.)

Thanks

sagar

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 November 2012

Who is the owner of the property?

You said your father has purchased the leasehold property, so the person who has sold the property to you has got right sell the leasehold rights only he cannot sell the property.  

sagar shinde (student)     12 November 2012

We are currently living in the property. And how is it possible that owner can't sell leasehold property. Almost all houses in our area are leasehold and have been sold before. We have taken Power of Attorny from Owner as he has no issues, since we have paid him his money.

Regards

sagar shinde

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register