Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harsha (VP)     18 March 2010

Bigamy .. Pls help

Please help me w

Hello All ,

I commited a stupid mistake under the false guidance of some people and now i am in big trouble .Please help me ,

I was married to a girl who ran away from my house after 2 months of marriage . Inspite of repeated efforts of reconcialiation , she was not ready to come back . after waiting for 1 year I applied for divorce in UK  and got it the divorce . I served the notice to her and after the judgement sent her the judgement copies . Still waited for answer from her for 4 years . 

After waiting for nearly 5 years , somebody in India contacted us that they wanted their daughter married . I got married but then stupidly agreed to register the marriage in India , under lot of pressure from elders , but under the clause that the magistrate agrees to the foriegn divorce decree . 

now the first wife know of this marriage and she has put a bigamy case on me . Please help me how to get out of this mess .

what is a the maximum sentence if I get convicted . Is there a way to get less than 7 years .

Learning

1 Replies

Daksh (Student)     18 March 2010

Dear Mr.Harsha,

There are four ingredients of any criminal offence i.e.

intention/attempt

act

knowledge

consequences/result.

In your case there is nothing to say and suggest that you have the intention to commit bigamy (as you resort to seeking divorce from court of law). 

If your first wife has lodged the case then it does not means that the things have come to an end there itself. You too have right to defend yourself in the court of law.  Whatever she has stated against you needs rebuttal and God willing you are a free man again. 

Go and seek professional help from a trial lawyer from the criminal side.  Do your homework and all the very best.

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register