LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Patel (Job)     09 December 2011

Beated my wifes lawyer

I beated my wifes lawyer badly that he is admitted in hospital. Past couple of months he was threatening my parents on phone and abusing them so badly i lost my temper and beated him so badly. Is there anyway i can prove in court by providing phone records that he was threatening us ?


 13 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 December 2011

may be u have proofs that he threatened you.

but ur act of beating him till the stage of hospitalization won't be justificable for that.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     09 December 2011

you may land up in trouble he would file cases on you. Phone records may not help.

Finally you got VIJAY over the issue by injuring the lawyer. Law says your actions should be inproportion with the actions of other party. But here you exceeded the limit by hitting him. Don't worry collect all threatening calls details and other evidences. Plea on the point that the calls were so threatening that it create sudden provocation on the part of you.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     09 December 2011

Best Way is to seek pardon of the victim and help him recover.


Sameer12345 (SSE)     09 December 2011

I was really expected response of ZEESHAN in this thread.... :)



@ Auther - You have beaten up lawyer for some reason. So Don't worry. You gave him what he deserve.


But Next time just control yourself. You shouldn’t take such an action for which person needed to be hospitalized.



You are on a safeside, you have phone recording of threatening. It will help you for sure.

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     09 December 2011

You reminded me of Sunny Praji of "Damini" fame

Don't regret now ...... I remember one practical quote somewhere "In order to use/misuse law, one must understand the law" ....... So stick by it and prepare some possible solid grounds for your case (both for defence and also for leading the tirade against his threatening calls)

Daro mat, but remember, sahab kaa bukhaar abhi utra nahi hoga, so he will return with full vengeance after getting discharged from Hospital? Hire another brother (lawyer) from the same community (legal) and let him face him . I hope your wife's lawyer will have to double think and devote double time on two different cases :) Kahan phas gaya bechaara .........  And unko bhi bahut mehnat karni padegi ki aapne unka swagat kiya tha ...... Let him see the weakness of law when being used by miscreants (in this case its you). I hope a PR exercise over the same incident is going to cut into his client base :)

Vijay if you are a firm believer in God would advise you to just follow "sundar kaand" of Ramayana on daily basis, nothing untoward will happen (No compulsion)


Rohit  Shukla




If i sense it correctly, he will leave the case. Probably He doesnt want more beating from you !!!


Probably next time you may try this on your in-laws..and puffffff..all cases would be withdrawn :-)

rajiv_lodha (zz)     09 December 2011

Sunny Deol, dude :-)

Message is now CLEAR & LOUD FROM UR SIDE.


Take the bull by the horns now! God Bless

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     09 December 2011

he crossed his limits when he threatened u, role of a lawyer is to represent a client for his legal rights.

congrats u also crossed ur limits.

but now real test is how to save urself, only way to save is by advice given above sudden provocation to you to minimise sentence.

no lawyer will take ur  case now.

u have to create evidences and proofs of not being in town , but tats not so easy, u are in big trouble man.........

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     09 December 2011

Shaanti Shaanti.


Dost kyu kanoon to apne haath me lete ho.


Khair, compromise and get over it.



Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

Vijay Patel (Job)     10 December 2011

Thank you everybody for supporting me although while thils advocate was abusing my parents i wrote a letter to Gujarat Bar Council several times but i didn't recieve any response neither any action was taken by police therefore i lost my temper completely and beated him with hockey. While i was checking in hospital he has fractured leg and fractured arm and his wife went to police station in order to file complaint against me. I sent my friend to the hospital where this advocate is admitted and told him not to file any complaint else situation is going to get worst. I also asked my friend to make him realize how one feels when they get such threats ? My parents went through sleepless nights because of his phone calls and now he feels the same way. Based on what all of you have adviced me here i don't see that i will get any legal protection in case if i file any complaint against him and plus i have to still fight case against my wife. My wife came to know about this and her entire family left city same day itself. I am trying to contact their family members but no one is telling me where she is ? Her lawyer cannot attend ongoing court proceedings therefore she might need a replacement i am hoping she comes and compromise the matter.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     12 December 2011


You shouldn't have taken the law in your hand. You would have approached the police insted of your alleged action. Don't use the recorded phone conversations before the court that will strenghthtne your motive for the alleged occurance. Better defend that he have a grudge on you as you have delayed his payment for the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register