LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (cyber celll)     03 May 2013

Avoid tds deducation

Is it possible that I tell company not to deduct tds and can do from CA seperatly?

Learning

8 Replies

KCS Kutty, Pune (FACULTY)     04 May 2013

TDS on what ?

TDS on salary or Rent or Professional fees or Interest ? Please be specific.

KCS Kutty, Pune (FACULTY)     04 May 2013

TDS means Tax Deducted at SOURCE. You cannot have any option for that. The Person making the payment is liable to make the TDS and remit the Tax within the stipulated time limit.  The CA can help you to workout your tax liabilities. If excess tax is paid through TDS, refund can be claimed by filing tax return in time. 

Vijay (cyber celll)     06 May 2013

Its tds on salary

problem is ,tax dedcuated by company and by MY CA always has diffrence,and I get reimbursed after fianacial year that also after applying

KCS Kutty, Pune (FACULTY)     06 May 2013

Pl inform your employer in the beginning of the year what savings ( eligible for income tax exemption),  you are going to make, whether you have housing loan and if so what would be the interest  and principal, if you are staying in a rented house, what is the rent amount. etc.   Every employer is expecrted to work out the total tax liability at the beginning of the year and make deductions on monthly basis.  You can also work out your tax liability in the beginning of the year.  Excess tax paid is refunded once return is filed. 

After that only getting diffrence

KCS Kutty, Pune (FACULTY)     06 May 2013

You can also keep watching the TDS made and if any discrepency is observed, bring it to the notice of the employer immediately. 

But can I tell employer to give me resposbilty to submit tax?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2013

Some employers outsource payroll consultants/software.

The calculations by your CA seem to correct and that is why you are getting refund.

The contact person/designation in the company is the person who has been signing Form16.

Point out the errors noticed by you and excess deduction hence period of getting refund, to him with a copy to head-HR, VP/Director-Finance.

Remain gentle and amiable.

They are ought to reply to you.

Company is deductor and has to comply to its obligation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register