Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord Ganesha (service)     06 September 2012

Are the cases u/s 498 a , 504 , 406 ,125 etc have relevance

Dear experts

I have an out of court settlement with my wife for a certain amount as one time alimoney and we file a joint petition for mutually agreed divorce u/s 13 B and later decree of divorce is issued by the court .

Is it possible that even after decree of  divorce , my wife can pursue and harass me under the cases of 125 for maintanance , 498 a for dowrry and 504, 406 for intimidation ???

Are the above three cases have any relevance after the filing of joint petition for mutual divorce and issue of decree of divorce? ?  ?

thanking u in advance

Learning

4 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     06 September 2012

if the settlement conditions as to payment of one time alimony and regards to no future rights have been documented in MCD then no future claims are maintainable

these cases would need to be quashed and there would have been a agreement as to withdraw quash these cases between you and your wife

these cases would need to be quashed and there would have been a agreement as to withdraw quash these cases between you and your wife

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 September 2012

All depends upon WHAT U HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT PENDING/FUTURE LITIGATION BETWEEN U IN MCD-DRAFT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register