LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu   30 August 2015

Applying other backward class certificate

My native state is Kerala. My family has been living in the state of tamilnadu for the past 25 years.I have my driving license, PAN card, Voters ID everything issued by the state of Tamilnadu. For the purpose of joining school my father obtained a BC certificate from the state of Kerala. Now I am in need of Other Backward Class Certificate.  The caste to which I belong is listed as OBC in the state of Kerala by Central Govt. notification. In which state should i apply for the OBC certificate. In Tamilnadu or kerala?The OBC certificate format asks for the address to which I belong which is the state of tamilnadu . If I apply for the certificate in kerala (since the caste to which i belong is notified as OBC by the central govt. only for the state of kerala and not in Tamilnadu)  will the authorites accept the fact that my residence is in tamilnadu and will they issue me an OBC ceritificate ? or Shud  I apply for the certificate in tamilnadu ?

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 August 2015

Kerala government has to issue OBC certificate and reservation accordingly there itself. Consult a local lawyer in Kerala.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 August 2015

You have already a BC Certificate and that is valid permanently  and that is sufficient..  (At the time of joining in school your father has obtained from Kerala).

If your case is BC as per Central Govt., it is valid through out India for CG purposes.

If your caste is BC in Kerala only, then it is valid in that state only and not in other states including TN.

It will not be given or valid periodically and have a life time validity.  You can at the same time apply for such BC for your children also basing on that certificate from Tehasildar.

Though format of BC is different you can provide your present address as per other photo identity proof, as few have permanent addresses in India.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register