LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reesk Maze   14 July 2018

Apartment registering maybe mutation?

Hi guys
I have the title deed to an apartment in Siliguri, W.B, which was registered in my deceased mother's name. Theres no will involved.From what I read on here it looks like I would need to get mutation done. I am in possession of DC, heir certificate and title deed. I would like to transfer ownership to the three siblings we are. What documents would I need to take care of that please?
Many thanks


 2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     14 July 2018

Other than documents you need to arrange mutation paper of property, which can be done visiting concerned tehsil.

Prepare file with application.


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2018

The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls has a set procedure for such matters if NO WILL has surfaced; Intestate Succession…….and the prescribed forms, procedure, process is available in O/o Authority and even on website. Death certificates, legal heir certificate/affidavit (per local procedure-precedence) are basic requirements. Then authority shall act upon and transfer the ownership in the name of legal heirs. Obtain copy of updated mutations records showing share of legal heirs. This grants rights equal to that of owner to legal heirs. All legal heirs are at liberty to relinquish/release/transfer/gift/sell their share in anyone’s favor.

You seem to have all basic required docs.

Rest check locally with LOCAL O/O Authority.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query