Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY   16 August 2022

Apartment parking space allotment

Hi Experts,

I recently purchased an apartment and now all apartments in the building have got sold.

As per the registration process, I'm the second person. The building has some congested parking space and there are quarrels between flat owners regarding the parking.

The builder is allocating the Ground floor parking (Stilt parking) as per his wish. He is saying he has given commitments to few people (7 - 8 flats) while selling that they will get prime parking space as per their preference even though these people have registered the flats much later. There is no commitment on any written document, he says he has given his word or they have made advance payment first (nothing on legal paper for any commitment)

Even it is so, how can the builder give any commitment to his close people and not inform the other buyers before they purchased the flat?

Can the builder allot parking as per his wishes and not following the registration process which confirms the person as a legal flat owner.?

I read some forums where someone had mentioned as Hon.SC judgement, that builder can not allot the parking space and even he does then it is not valid and the apartment association can cancel it and re-allot the parking space.

Kindly provide your legal opinions.

Thanks..

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 August 2022

I think the apartment has an association.  What are the rules and regulations of the bylaws of the association?  You can complain against the builder to the RERA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register