Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Job (RM)     08 September 2014

Airtel services clarification - bills, payments

Hi,

Just want some clarification on some payment issues with airtel as their customer care is useless in providing any clear answer. In may2014, I took a new airtel postpaid connection with dongle with advance payment plan of Rs.2499 providing 6gb/month for 3 months. During these periods, I sometimes activated their smartbytes for additional data. I paid up the bill for may 2014. During this time, I lost my job and could not pay up the additional data usage I activated for june and july. Post-july, The total amount due was Rs.6500.On aug 4 I emailed to 121@airtel.in from my registered ID to deactivate my services and close the connection. They acknowledged the receipt of request and replied that it was in process. after that there was no response from them. When I called again, they said that have pay up the entire due amount to get the connection closed. Now that I have got a job I can pay the bill in installments over next two months ( financial limits ). But for this period they have been adding around Rs 700-800 in monthly bills as monthly charge without me using the number for anything. So it seems I am paying around 10%  per month interest without any usage. I want to know if there is any way to make them stop adding more to the bill and close the connection while I make my payments over the next two months ?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 September 2014

>>> Frequently Asked Questions - Complaint

·         Q 1. A consumer has made a request for termination (closure) of the service. How long has he to wait? What about rentals and other dues?

·         A. The service provider shall terminate the connection within 7 days. They cannot charge rental or any other charges beyond the period of 7 days of request for closure made by the customer. Further, fresh bills shall be raised only after adjustment of the security deposit. The closure/ termination of service shall not be made conditional upon payment of dues/ bills/settlement of dispute. The outstanding amount of security deposits has to be refunded within 60 days of closure/ termination of service. In case of delay in refund beyond 60 days, a consumer is entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days refund is delayed beyond 60 days.

https://www.trai.gov.in/Content/faq_subcat_details.aspx?id=74&qid=1&link=0#175

If it is not available at above link search at TRAI website and find it at whichever page it is available now.

>>> If M/s Airtel is not providing clear answer then note that Consumer Forum has awarded penalty of Rs5 lakh to M/s Airtel in recent decision.

You can download it from another thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Telecom-cases-consumer-forums-jurisdiction-108672.asp#.VA2Ki8KSwb8

>>> You may also go thru:

Consumers’ Handbook on Telecommunications:

Chapter - 1 Enrolment as a Consumer of Telecommunication services: 7. Information about the account of the consumer

Chapter – 2 Complaint Redressal

>>> Regarding payment in installments, interest, penalty on delayed payment etc……………. you need to check the SEF and T&C printed on it ……………………….M/s Airtel is under obligation to provide the certified copy to you.

Attached File : 587822866 consumer handbook mobile phone trai-handbook12.pdf, 587822866 faq.doc downloaded: 74 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register