Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandy   02 October 2017

Airline eticket has invalid terms page. what terms appliy?

A friend has an airplane eticket that points to a webpage on its website for terms and conditions. But this page states "infomration on this page cannot be gauranteed to be accurate" 1.Does'nt this make the ticket have no terms specified by the airline? 2.An expert in an online travel forum has googled another page called "CitizensCharter" and claims this page should be used instead. Is this valid? Is a consumer even required to google for terms? 3.My understanding is that the terms are set when the sale was made. So if I took the information in the eticket and the terms page it points to and create a pdf with it, that sigle document would be equivalent. I would not be required to visit the airline website again for terms and thus anything else on the website would not be relevant for my ticket. Another eay of looking at is that I choose to print the eticket and the terms page and stapled them into a booklet. I would not be required to check the website agaain for terms. Since the terms page I have states the information is not gauranteed to be accurate, I can go no further and there is nothing else to refer to. Please clarify what applies.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 October 2017

While booking e-ticket the customer may  downlaod the T&C also.

The establishments are known to resort to gimmics, dilatory/deflective tactics to claim IT's own private interpretation.

Consequently IT fails.

nandy   04 October 2017

I take that to mean that the linked page is what should be used and it is usually left misleading. So can it then be assumed there were no explicit terms set by the airline? The passenger can then claim that no terms were set for baggage, penalties, denial of service. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register