Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gane (a)     31 October 2013

Agreement of sale

Hello Sir / Madam

I had a property (Flat) in Dombivli, which we have decided to dispose off. Accordingly, a party was found and agreement of sale effected in the name of the purcharser in the 1st week of Sept' 2013.

During the agreement, the purchaser had a part payment, post which again in the 3rd week of Oct' 2013, 2nd installment was paid by the purchaser. He has now applied for a Housing loan from LIC and is yet to receive the final disbursement cheque from the financial institution.

We had inserted a clause in the Agreement of Sale that from the date of agreement, within 60 days the entire payment has to be made by the purchaser failing which the agreement would be deemed to be cancelled. The 60 days period elapses by Nov' 04, 2013.

Purchaser claims that he be given additional time limit of 15 days, as he has already submitted the necessary documents to LIC and that the final payments is awaited, though he has received the sanction letter.

Need clarification on:

a. Whether the agreement of sale be void post the 60 days automatically or is it that I can modify or ratify it to extend the time frame by another 15 days.

b. Can I even with out any modification in the agreement wait for the final payment despite the 60 days clause in the agreement. If so, will my legal position be weak if the purchaser doesn't make a payment within the requested 15 days extension?

Kindly help.

Regards

Ganesh

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     01 November 2013

you need to ask the proposed purchaser to write a letter to you asking for extension of 15 days time along with enclosing the loan sanction letter received from LIC Housing. Thus, you can confirm the same in writing about extension of the period by another 15 days.

This way your position will not get weaken and the transaction can be done smoothly.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Gane (a)     03 November 2013

Thank you for your response Sir.

The proposed purchaser is committing that he would release the final payment by 05th Nov' 2013 (as per the confirmation he received from LIC).
I still have few doubts, which I kindly request to clarify:

a. The proposed purchaser is requesting for the keys of the house for cleaning and performing puja. Says, he would return the same post the puja. Is it advisable to give the keys to the purchaser without his clearing the final payment?

b. He had already taken my original agreement of sale (agreement between me and the builder - 1st purchase) and the share certificate in original claiming that those need to be handed over to LIC for release of the payment. What remedy do I have if the purchaser refuses to return the keys / takes the possession forcibly, without providing the final payment?

Please help. Urgent.

Regards

Ganesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register