LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498accused (None)     02 October 2015

After filing 498a can a girl marry someone else

My wife filed a complaint against me on 498a in 2012 but still i didn't  got any summon  from the court but my wife is marrying  another person without taking divorce  from me can she legally have the rights to marry 

Please help me do i have any rights  to take any action against her



 12 Replies

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     02 October 2015


The answer is a BIG NO.


File a case immediately.


You do not need an advocate since you are the victim here and it is a criminal case, involving multiple sections of Indian Law.


But, consult a few advocates and file a case, quickly and immediately.


In any criminal case, it is an un-spoken rule that you QUICKLY SET THE LAW INTO MOTION.


Agree with above.


If she does so it is nothing but bigamyImprisonment upto seven yrs,no proof required to file a complaint under sections 494 and 406 ipc.


Koi jigar wala hi hoga jo usse shaadi karraha he, but anyways it is illegal and you hve to take action now, and send her to jail for bigamy. 971794 (Advocate)     02 October 2015

Good opportunity for yiu to take your revenge. Let her marry first and then file a case for bigamy against her. It is criminal for anyone to marry another while the spouse is living  and not divorced

Rajinder Paul (prop.)     02 October 2015

case from yourside prove strongly other wise u will in trouble .....

sagar jadhav (employee)     02 October 2015

I am not an advocate ,but will say let her marry ,then file bigamy

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     02 October 2015

If you do not want to give divorce, then you should file a civil suit for permanent injunction along with interim injunction and restrain the marriage.  You will get interim injunction on the same day when you file the suit, because the matter is very important.

498accused (None)     03 October 2015

Because Our marriage was intercast and she is a Christian and i m a muslim police is not supporting me and other thing is that she is in USA and doing the  marriage  there itself hr passport and other account status are still single only 

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     05 October 2015

The important thing is that whether your marriage has been registered or not.  If it is registered, then if she goes for second marriage without getting divorce with you, she is doing illegal thing as per Indian law as well as US law.  So, you can take appropirate criminal action, if she has already married or preventive action if she has not married till date.

498accused (None)     05 October 2015

Prabhaker sir

Marriage was not registered 

Marriage was performed in all the rituals muslim (nikha) hindu (tied mangla sutra ) and christian went to church but marriage was not registered  because all the documents affidavit  which were made to registr the marriage and photos taken at the time of performing  all the marriages she took with her 


Vague and academic query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register