LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

debonildey8 (B.Sc 1st year)     09 January 2011

advice please

Hello sir I am Debonil Dey. My father Bishnu Dey died on 10/9/09 without leaving a will. Me and my mother Sumita Dey and my widow grand mother (Ranibala Dey) (age 75) are the legal heir of him as because of we in inherit a Inestate property  . My parents had purchased joint property (land) @ in 2005, where my mother had paid 100% of the cost of land when they purchased it. She paid for it from her salary .We  can  "documentarily"  prove that the Mother had purchased the said property out her 100% own rightful money and that she had put my father name   as a Second name to her own only for security and convience sake. My grand mother (age 75)  is attempting to transfer or she may have already transfered  her share of that land with gift deed to her eldest son Krishna Dey without our consent before partition or Mutation and Hence Krishna Dey may try to mutate his name in record instead of grand mother (Ranibala Dey).Sir / madam my Question are

1)      As per Law of Land (settlement of that area) as fixed by the Vendor doesn’t allow us to partition the land (as already mentioned in the deed of purchase). Can my grand mother try to partion it by moving to High courts? Or she can only Mutate her name into it?

2)      whether is it possible that  grand mother can transfer her share of that land with gift deed to her eldest son Krishna Dey without our consent? before partition or Mutation?

3)      whether is it possible that  grand mother can transfer her share of that land with gift deed to her eldest son Krishna Dey before partition or Mutation?

4)      whether Krishna Dey can mutate his name in record?

5)      Sir can we Recurse or appeal in the court against such possible act of Gift as a preemptive defense?

6)      Sir can we appeal in the court against possible act of Gift has been found?

7)       Ranibala Dey/ Krishna Dey tries to blackmail us by charging exorbant money (say 50lakhs) to relinquish her/his share and that too by a out court settlement? What should I do?

8)      Sir for this if we do have to litigate in the Civil Courts, with appropriate evidences and documents and obtain a succession certificate or a letter of administration. What is the time limit we should strictly abide by?

Sir we cant pay 50 lakhs it is too much for us sir!

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 January 2011

Being a class I legal heir of your father, your grand mother has got equal share along with you and your mother in the properties of deceased father.

If you have got documentary evidence to prove that your mother only purchased the property in which your deceased father's name is.  You have to prove it in the court.

File a suit for general partition and possession of your equal share against your grand mother and also file an interium appication u/o 39 r 1&2 of cpc against your GM as not to alienate the suit properties till he disposal of the suit.

Your grand mother has to transfer her share to anybody,.

pramod m karve (income tax officer)     10 January 2011

Res sir,

Originally we are from gimhavane,tal:dapoli,dist:ratnagiri, one of our ancesstors was compelled to live gimhvane because of BHAUBANDKI permanently between 1890 to 1895 and settled at baroda ,gujrat.As per the provisons of law prevailing in India,non farmer can not purchase the Agricultural land and i want to purchase the same.I do not have any land record of the land held by the ancesstors except our  family tree.To purchase the Agricultural land it is necessary to prove that,i myself or my ancesstors were farmers and holding the agricultural land.Please advise how the same can be proved?

(Guest)

MR.P HAS PURCHASED A HOUSE . MR. P HAS 3 SONS NAMELY A , B ,C . ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED . MR.A HAS 1 DAUGHTER SAY ASHA.
MR.B HAS 2 SONS & 2 DAUGHTERS NAMELY RAM , LAXMAN , SITA ,GITA . MR.C HAS 3 SONS NAMELY LALIT , AJIT , AMIT . MR.P DIES WITHOUT MAKING A WILL . AFTER SOME MONTHS, MR.A ALSO DIES.
AFTER SOME MONTHS , MR.B ALSO DIES . AFTER SOME MONTHS , MR. C & HIS WIFE ALSO DIES . MR. A's WIFE TRANSFERS 1/3rd PROPERTY TO HER DAUGHTER - ASHA WITH THE CONSENT OF B'S CHILDREN & B'S WIFE . AFTER SOME MONTHS , A'S WIFE DIES .

NO WILL IS MADE .

NOW SITA IS MARRIED & HAS 3 SONS .

GITA IS ALSO MARRIED AND HAS 1 SON & 1 DAUGHTER .

RAM HAS 2 DAUGHTERS .

LAXMAN HAS 2 DAUGHTERS & 1 SON .

RAM , LAXMAN , SITA , GITA AND ASHA LOOKS AFTER THE HOUSE FOR GENERATIONS . NEITHER LALIT ,AMIT NOR AJIT NEVER VISITS THE HOUSE.

AFTER MANY YEARS, MR. B'S WIFE DIES. NOW LALIT SUDDENLY COMES BACK .

HE HAS 1 SON .
AMIT HAS 1 SON .
AJIT IS ALSO MARRIED NOW .

I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHETHER LALIT ,AMIT AND AJIT ARE SUPPOSED TO GET THE PROPERTY OR NOT . IF YES WHY AND HOW???

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER RAM , LAXMAN ,SITA, GITA & ASHA WILL BECOME OWNERS OF THAT PROPERTY AS ONLY THEY LOOKED AFTER THE PROPERTY .

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MEANING OF SELF-ACQUIRED PROPERTY , ANCESTRAL PROPERTY AND ALSO ABOUT INHERITED PROPERTY.

PLEASE GUIDE ME (BEFORE THE HOUSE FALLS).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register