Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ahana Majumdar (-)     24 August 2020

Action against fraudulent websites for dealership.

Respected, Experts,
A relative of mine wanted to take a dealership from a reputed Motorcycle company and applied for the company through their website. In reply to the application, he was contacted over the phone by their Relationship Manager who informed about the procedure for taking dealership and said after being satisfied with the initial formalities he has to pay registration fees of Rs.50,500/ and then after the company will do their technical inspection. My relative submitted his all documents such as KYC, BANK DETAILS and showroom related PROPERTY DETAILS through e-mail. And the status on the website shows the approval of the application. Then they (Company) sent a confirmation mail with their bank details (A/c holder: "company name itself", BANK OF INDIA A/c) to the applicant (my relative) to make payment Rs.50,500/ for registration fees. Meanwhile, my relative came to know from a source that this is one of fraudulent websites that operates by offering dealership using the name of original company. My relative asked the customer care of the original company for the fact check and they confirmed this is a fraudulent website.
It is my request to you expects for your advices regarding necessary actions against this fraud.
Thank you and Regards,
Ahana Majumder

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register