LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABDULLAH   25 March 2018

About 498 A

If my wife and her family members threatens me to make a case against dowry, then can I repay her dowry material with the courtesy and I can get relief?
I request to experts please give your valuable advise as there any way to do so.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     25 March 2018

You are bound by law to return the dowry article to the bride. Don't expect any relief if you do so, rather if you don't, you'll be penalised. So, it's advisable to return the articles.
For more queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 March 2018

Make an attempt and understand what exactly is dowry…!

Did you, your side ask for dowry?

Record irrefutable evidences of threats, cruelty….keep unshakable witnesses…

If possible crease all differences with your own efforts and/or with help of elders of family, well wishers, mediators and save the marriage and enjoy pleasures of married life………

The worldly objects that are given by any spouse o other spouse and family can be bought by pucca bill and enjoyed by any spouse and enjoyed…

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 March 2018

In case of dowry, return under proper acknowledgment...

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 March 2018

Return all her dowry articles, Istridhan first. Next make her agree for divorce by mutual consent on the terms of one time alimony amount agreable to both (this may be apart from the Mehar amount agreed between both). If you have children out of the marriage agreement terms for their custody and maintenance should be done. All criminal charges and cases to be withdrawn by both parties.

Once all the terms and conditions of settlement done, duly signed by both parties and witnessed by maybe the parents of bothsides, end the marriage and matrimonial dispute and move ahead in life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register