LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priti (nothing)     28 June 2013

Abandoned by nri husband

Hi to members of LCI, my marriage took place 20 months ago, in 20 months i stayed with my inlaws for 10 mnths and wid husband 10 mnths abroad.during stay inlaws harrased a lot for getting less from my parents according to their wish.Husband called abroad after 10-11 mnths, same happened there and even beated me manytimes.lastly got pregnant and husband abandoned in india.Filed 498a, dv case and maintenance case.FIR registered no chargesheet filed yet. No-one appearing in the court to face trials, all had fled away.NBW issued and police bribed by them in lakhs so not tking any interest..

Summons been served, got ex-party in maintanance order case.decree not yet issue will be issued by next month but as husband is abroad, what will be the use of decree as they will not pay me and his family had fled away so whats the use of any summon warrant, etc.

can i file divorce case now? how will it effect my pending cases 498a and dv after filing divorce case.?will i easily get divorce on grounds af abandoning.How long will it take?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     28 June 2013

If you want to end this sordid saga by obtaining divorce decree, yes, you can file it and if he will not appear, it will be relatively easy for you to get divorce decree.  It will not affect your other cases and you yourself lucidly stated the futility of obtaining favourable orders in those cases.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register