On june 2018 i paid an person X 12 lakh to start a business on 50-50 basis , The X person x got into rental agreement with the mall. till may 2019 he did not start business he mentioned he was under financial stress so he proposed a new agreement where i would one 100% of the store and he would take case of operational expenses and would pay me 55k per month and if the store does not start by july 2019 i could use the 26 lakh cheque he gave me as security .
In the agreement i have agreed i will pay 26 lakhs by may 2019 but once i paid him 24 lakhs he again stopped work , i have mail from mall where they say they dont see any progress on work from june.
Now my questions is if i desposit the cheque and cheque is not honoured how should i proceed?
I am NRI
1. which is better for speedy recovery and putting pressure on him to returr money before we file case? summary suit or cheque bounce case?
2. what are court fee for summary suite or cheque bounce case in chennai tamilnadu?
3. i did not pay him entire 26 lakhs that was agreed in the agreement , so when we argue in summary suit will the court consider this 26 lakh as due ? because i paid him 24 laksh
4. When i send notice to him affter the cheque bounces , what if he decided not to take the notice and ignore it or make an arrangement with the post department to not to deliver the notice?
5. Whats the process of delivering the notice?
6. he does not seem to be man of his word , should i give him some time to return money or deposit cheque
7. in case of summary suit in this case can he take leave no to come to court or ask permission to defend his case ?
Pls help me i cant seem to find an answer for these clearly