LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     16 April 2018

Statement recording in front of judge (section 164)


I have filed a case against Uber for the driver manhandled me and my wife on a trip.

There was a CC TV camera there for proofs.  It's been a month and police has still not filed the chargesheet, they are now asking my wife to come to court for statement without any chargesheet as per section 164. I was expecting court to intervene after the chargesheet is filed and after we get a summon. But the police seems to be pushing my wife to go to court and record statement in front of camera without the lawyer, before the chargesheet is filed.  Is this the standard procedure ? or is police just trying to create undue pressure ?

 2 Replies

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   16 April 2018

undue pressure.

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     19 April 2018

So, to deal with them, I am planning to say that my wife is ill and please come to my home for statement. I think during initial investigation there is clause to do so.

Can they file a B-report on the grounds that I refuse to got to court for statement and asking them to take that at my home(on medical grounds) ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query