Reliving and Experience Letter.

Hello Sir / Madam,

My offer letter says " Post confirmation, employment can be terminated by either party by giving 90 days notice period in writing, or payment of CTC ( Cost to Company) in lieu thereof manager's approval and and satisfactory handover of responsibilities. "

I have resigned and served 45 days notice period.

My manager is not accepting resignation, and want me to serve complete 90 days notice.

I told them I am ready to pay for shortfall of notice period. But they are not agreeing.

Do they have any right legally if I am paying for shortfall of notice, and they can deny to give my reliving documents and experience letter?

Can you please also share your contact number in case I need to take any legal advisory?

Hello Varun!


It is a general corporate practice of arm twisting the employees. If contract gives right to the employee to buy out his/her notice period. then the company should not deny it unless they have any genuine reason for it like any confidential project/assignment being handled by the employee as such.


you may call me on 9324538481 for any legal assistance in this regard.



Adv. Rohit Dalmia



Thank you sir

Varun Popil, if you wanted that your existing employer issue you the relieving and experience certificate, then you have to fall upon his wishes. The alternative is to go for conciliation before the labour department or/and adjudication before the labour court.

my employer is not providing me reliving letter I work in a housing finance company in Delhi
what should I do now? I already requested to HR but she is denies to give me reliving letter saying that me until my pending cases OTC and pdd is not clear so she can not provide reliving letter ..

please suggest

what is OTC and PDD? Could your clarrify the terms? Regards Adv. Rohit Dalmia



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu