LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay P Khambete   21 January 2019

Question on will

I have a question or questions regarding will. I want to make a will, I am currently residing in Bangalore. However, I have immovable propoerty(flat in Housing society)  in hyderabad (telangana ) and Mumbai (Maharshtra) . My wife is nominee of my peoperty in Mumbai and Hyderabad..

My question..
     1) Do I need to register my will ?
     2) Is probating of will required  since I my wife is nominee of ?
     3) If probating is required , can i get it done in Bangalore or should it be probated by Court in Mumbai?
     4)  Typically how much it costs and how long does this process takes place?

Thanks a lot in advance for answering my quesries. 
Best regards
Vijay
PS: Admin I am not sure if these kind of questions and posts are allowed in this forum, so if this post or question not allowed please let me know.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   21 January 2019

1)Registraton of will is not compulsory .2)probate and succession is made after the death of testator. If any one challenges genuiness of will3)u can register Ur will any where it binds entire India excluding Jammu and Kashmir 4)approximately five to six thousand rs 5)u may change will at any time by revocing early made will and registration is not compulsory
1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     21 January 2019

what about your children?

Vijay P Khambete   22 January 2019

i did not understand..so could you please elaborate? I am planning like after me - my wife will own it and post her one will get pone property in Hyderabad and other in Mumbai. if my wifes goes before me then they will get this property..

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     22 January 2019

you dont want to give your property to your children through WILL. isnit?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register