Protest petition in 154 cprc

Can complainant file protest petition if Police he registered the FIR under 154 sec? Need Judgment of Bombay Hon’ble SC or HC In a criminal case,

You mean complainant the victim of cognizable offence or the accused, can file protest petition, where FIR under section 154 Cr PC having been registered. Please clarify.

the complainant of the cognizable offence.

So, you are the victim who has lodged the FIR of a cognizable offence in accordance with section 154 Cr PC. The police has conducted the investigation and submitted the final report or closing report in the court of the cognizable offence which you alleged, because the police may not have find any evidence of the cognizable crime. So, the court may have summoned you, where you have lodged the protest petition against the final report of the police. Then the court may have called you on another date with your witness. Is it so?

No, I am the victim and it is not as what u are thinking.  

the court will summon the victim for examining. and cross. But police have not taken the custody of CCTV footage and produce in court. I  have written in my statement that there was CCTV installed. Now when Police have not obtained the footage I  have filed the protest petition  PP had signed on the protest petition and judge will pass an order for further investigation but she is asking to provide a judgement of SC or Mumbai  High court. we had produced Madras and Karnataka  HC judgement that if complainant finds any loculus in the investigation then they have the right to file protest petition even if FIR was reg in 154 crpc and not in 156 crpc. But according to the judge, she is saying Maharastra has diff provision because for FIR under 154 crpc. So she needs SC aur Mumbai HC judge to pass the order for further investigation application to accept or reject

Can u state the section of the cognizable crime under which you have lodged the FIR at the police station.

Can u state the section of the cognizable crime under which you have lodged the FIR at the police station.

Sec 354. and accused was charge by 354 A by the court .  

Ms_Roz, the problem is that I cannot go on explaining the procedure to you though you may be highly educated than me. But in short, the court has already taken cognizance of the offence and at the stage of framing charge it has converted section 354 of the charge sheet by the police to section 354 A. During framing of charges you and the defense both have submitted their arguments, which is not chief and cross examination done during the trial. Now, no change can be done by the trial court. If interested can move H.C. under section 482 Cr PC for revision. Otherwise, the accused would be tried under section 354A IPC. You as the victim/complainant have to submit the evidence to establish that the accused infact has committed crime under section 354 IPC and if your evidences are concrete enough then the accused will be punished accordingly. As per my knowledge, Cr PC (the Criminal Procedure Code) doesn't change from State to State.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu