Passport help urgent

IT Professional

Hi- I have a urgent issue and need some help direction from the lawyers forum. I need to get date of birth changed on my father's passport. The passport has his DOB as per his School leaving certificate which is incorrect by 2 days, We now have his Birthcertificate and urently need to get it corrected in the passport as per the BC. Its currently holding up his Visa for travel to newzealand. We have contacted regional passport office Mumbai and they are not helping.

Appreciate any help this forum can provide

behavioral assessor

Change of Date of Birth
Q: What is the process to change the date/place of birth in the passport?
A: To change the date/place of birth in the passport, you have to apply for a "Reissue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars.
To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on "Documents Required" link on Home page.
Q: I want to get the DOB changed in the passport since there is a typing error. What should I do?

If you find any mistake/error in the particulars printed in the passport booklet as per the application form you submitted, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Any additional fees required to be paid would depend solely on Assistant Passport Officers (APOs)/ Passport Officers (POs) decision. If there is a misrepresentation of facts, then penalty could also be imposed.
However, applicants are requested to apply online as that will ensure that the passports are delivered without any typographical errors since applicants have themselves fed the data.


search for posts  and guidance made by Lawyer AEJAS AHMED  and / or  RAJESH  SAHARAN in the forum - they have already guided someone else with a similar query





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu