Passport application


My friend is divorced but she has not changed her name. Her original passport was obtained on maiden name before marrige, after marrige she has not changed her name and also not applied for spouse name inclusion in passport.

Her passport  has now expired after 10 years and she wants to apply for new passport. As there is no change in name , can she mention status as Single and apply with maiden name?



HR assistant

The question is that she wanted passport for her daughter also hence she had to submit an affidavit that she is divorcee along with divorce papers from the court. If she does not want passport for her daughter but later on her ex-husband comes to know about it then he could complain to the passport authority and that would be the suppression of information which would be  acrime under the passport act. do state the facts and apply for the passport for self and her daughter.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu