Need advice on interim maintenance

Dear All, Sorry that I am reporsting this query..yesterday there was too many reply with the same massage and hence it difficult to track.. so I am reporting for members suggestion..

Please advice on,

We are separated for few years and divorce case in going on. In the mean time court has ordered for interim maintenance and my husband is not paying any money..My arrears is more then 9 lakhs rupee and never pay any thing...He escaped from India and staying at foreign country..As per recent information, he sold his all property in India and no bank balance in India too.. he is changing few country now and not keeping any money in his name in foreign bank account too.. At first he filed divorce and he went few times to higher court to get reduce the interim amount, but no success for in response he is saying that he will not pay any money and he is planning to withdraw the divorce case.. I have not filed any 498 or DV case so far and separated for more then 6 years.. 
My Query 
1. My advocate is recommending to file contempt case against him..Is it a good idea?  
2. His intention not pay money and to withdraw the divorce case...after that he want to run away from the will be success rate for him to run away from India? 
3. Can I file DV or other case in he will with draw the case and make arrest in India?  


You should file contempt case and try to attach his property if there any.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu