LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat (B Tech)     13 February 2010

MAXIMUM LEASE DURATION

What is the maximum limit of giving lease in terms of years?999 (nine hundred ninty-nine ) years lease is possible?Lease will be registered.

Learning

12 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     14 February 2010

Why not?

1 Like

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     15 February 2010

Yes. Indian Govt. has leased out Teen Bigha Area to Bangladesh for 999 years recently. You can also make lease for this period.

1 Like

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     04 August 2010

surely you can lease out your property for any number of years.  You have to get the lease deed registerd compularily because every lease deed for more than one year is compalsorily registrable.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     04 August 2010

yes,  but it is registerd.

Vidya Sagar   08 March 2017

May I know, can we get on single agreement for 30 years lease?

If yes, please share me the format or details of agreement that how to describe-it

If not, please specify maximum period value for single lease agreement

Tushar   06 August 2017

pl give me format for long term lease say 999 years to be registered and what will be the amount payable as registration of property. costing 1 lakh

Tushar   06 August 2017

pl give me format for long term lease say 999 years to be registered and what will be the amount payable as registration of property. costing 1 lakh

Tushar   06 August 2017

Tushar   06 August 2017

(Guest)

For how many generations you want the property leased or get leased? Also how many generation you can expect to take care of the lease documents?

If you propose to give your property on lease, better dispose of that finally and be worry free for ever. Laws can continue to change according to the circumstances and the Government regimes.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Tushar

For how many generations you want the property leased or get leased? Also how many generation you can expect to take care of the lease documents? If you propose to give your property on lease, better dispose of that finally and be worry free for ever. Laws can continue to change according to the circumstances and the Government regimes.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     08 August 2017

In Maharashtra Stamp duty 5000 and registration fee 1000 rupees respectively.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register