joint fd and if one dies


My Father-in Law and Mother-in Law has Joint fixed deposit. The FD is pre-mature and my FIL passed away last year.

The legal hiers are MIL and two daughters (elder my wife and youger got married and age is only 32).

The house with 30cent is inthe name of FIL and MIL alone is currently staying in that house. 

Now the younger daugher has sent a Legal Notice against her mother for getting the fathers share and and joint FD amount.

MIL is not interested to give the share now bcos she thinks the propery will not be maintained and there is possibility to sell and spend the amount unnecessarly.(not to give share at young age).

queries are

1. whether MIL have to give share for joint FD?  

2. since MIL is survivor and can Full amount of FD be deposited in her name?

3. is it possible to delay few years from not giving the share of house and land ?

Kindly provide solutions


Best regards,



1)yes 2)if all comes to compromise it is audit 3)if she goes to civilicourt u can delay for years .let her go to civil court.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x