intellectual property thefy

We are a computer education company with head office at Chennai,providing books for computer subject and resource materials for schools in India.
One of our employee who is a team leader in Madurai region working for more than 6 years, has started a new company doing the same business(books and software) as we do and registered the company at Madurai during April 2018 in which he and wife are directors. This employee who started a new business stole some of our contents and used it in his books and stole a lot of intellectual resources from our company.
He also poached few more employees and asked them promote his books to our customers. He has approached many of our customers and got orders for his company. We lost our business because of this.When we found out, this employee first denied the fact then later on admitted the truth and given an apology letter too. But there are lots of dues he owes to the company. Moreover the stolen contents are being printed right now as books to be delivered to customers. We have given a police complaint in chennai. But the police are saying this is a civil case and therefore, you have to go to court to recover all these. We have given laptop, a car and supported his brother's education and his marriage. So far we have recovered laptop and car. He has used our official laptop to develop his company's business. What should be done next? THe police however said, we will call him, and enquire. Meanwhile the employee sent a resignation letter through mail stating that he has handed over everything and resigned. We have all evidences of the contents and resources he stole in our official laptop and the employee to admitted the same. Please guide us now.


You have to approach a Lawyer practising in IPR Laws without wasting time.  Discuss with him the entire matter in detail and take appropriate legal action. That wlll surely involve expenditure.  But that is a must, in case you want to protect your business.

Mere discussing here, or approching the Police will not get you any result.  That's for sure.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu