Father intimate affair

My parents are happily married for over 25 years. My father is a central government employee who is going to retire in a couple of years. Unfortunately he had an illegetimate relationship with a woman who was married to one of his colleagues. This went around for one and a half year until my mother found out about it and it almost took us a year to try and convince our dad to maintain distance from that woman. He realised his mistake and tried to step back from her. But that woman has been calling him alot. He tried to  avoid her. Finally she stopped calling him and we were living happily but after atleast 4-5 months my father recently received a call from her husband who claims he knows everything. my father told him he was busy and will talk later. 

My father is a good person, who does charity and everything. Yes, he did make a mistake but that woman made a mistake too. 

My question is how should my family and my father handle this situation? How should we handle that woman and her husband if they try to contact us or threaten us or my father?

Its a request to please give your suggestions or legal advices regarding how to handle such situation. and please avoid judging my father's character. He made a mistake but he wants to correct that mistake.

thanks

Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney

Well, best way is to deny the whole thing, whatever, her husband claims, is a hearsay story from his wife and not from anybody else nor he would have any proofs to prove this relationship. Just keep out of it and tell in a firm voice it's utterly wrong what he has heard.

Total likes : 1 times

advocate

first ask your father any proof are there with her like photos, messages through mails etc., which make a lot of sense like evidences which may take legal turn in their hands to harass your father

LEGAL CONSULTANT

Though what UR father has done is wrong both legally and morally,for the sake of UR family,and if all of u feel that he is a changed person,let him deny everything.Hope he has not left any evidences at the time of that relationship.

there are no photos with her, but she may have sms conversations plus they visited some hotel as well. I feel like she or her husband will blackmail my father for money but i am not sure. So please tell the sections under which this scenario comes legally.

Also, what should we do in case she or her husband blackmail us or threaten us.

Can she claim to our property or something?

please respond..thanks

Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com)

They can't claim any property. SMS conversation and hotel visiting is an evidence of good friendship between couple however, not enough to prove adultery ( 497 IPC) so don’t worry.

Always deny about any physical relationship between them over phone or whatever media.

You should register a GDE / NC in your local police station about their threading over phone (Denying or without disclosing any physical relationship between them) to be in safe side.

Lawyer

It is a hypothetical story and no case can be made out.

that woman and her husband has been sending sms on my father's mobile for one month now. Every 2nd day an sms comes from them. Our family decided that our father doesnt answer her messages or calls and dont talk to them at all. In messages they warn him that they will expose him. My father admits his mistakes and is trying very hard to be good now but that woman's constant messages worry my mother n father n me alot. We dont know what to do. Please tell what should we do. 

Thanks

LEGAL CONSULTANT

Legal consequences are equal both to UR father and the other lady .Both of them are married persons,hence she is just trying to get something from UR father.What is the husband of that lady doing? UR entire family can lodge a police complaint stating mental harrasment by that lady,be surre that UR father supports UR versiion legally.

her husband is a retired ito(income tax). my father has been receiving sms from her husband saying he will expose my father if he does not respond to his calls and messages. My mother and I have asked my father to not to talk or sms him about anything in case he records something. I dont know what should we say to him or what should we do. 

Should we reply to his messages or not?

if yes, then what shoud we say...please reply

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x