Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin jain   12 December 2015

Arya samaj marraige valadity

HELLO RESPECTED TEAM,

I would like to know about validity of aarya samaj marriage with respect to prevaling laws of 2015.

and legal complication in case parents of girl file a suite against me to challange marriage done via arya samaj? i am  26 years old and girl is also of same age, its an inter caste marriage case. plz help

Learning

5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     12 December 2015

THE ARYA MARRIAGE VALIDATION ACT, 1937

ACT NO.19 OF 1937
[AS ON 1957]

An Act to recognize and remove doubts as to the validity of inter-marriages current among Arya Samajists.
[14th April, 1937]

WHEREAS it is expedient to recognize and place beyond doubt the validity of inter-marriages of a class of Hindus known as Arya Samajists; it is hereby enacted as follows;-

1.Short title and extent.- (1) This Act may be called the Arya Marriage Validation Act, 1937.{ Subs, by the A. O. 1950, for the former sub-section (2).} [(2) It extends to the whole of India exempt { Subs, by the Adaptation of Laws (No.2) Order, 1956.for "Part B States".} [the territories which, immediately before the 1St November, 1956, were comprised in Part B States] and applies also to citizens of India wherever they may be.]

2.Marriage between Arya Samajists not to be invalid.- Notwithstanding any provision of Hindu Law, usage or custom to the contrary no marriage contracted whether before or after the commencement of this Act between two persons being at the time of the marriage Arya Samajists shall be invalid or shall be deemed over to have been invalid by reason only of the fact that the parties at any time belonged to different castes or different sub-castes of Hindus or that either or both of the parties at any time before the marriage belonged to a religion other than Hinduism.

nitin jain   12 December 2015

Dear sir,

Thanks for the reply, but i dont understand legal language, plz reply in simple language.

Legal (gd)     13 December 2015

Marriage is valid. If her parents put any case on u and ur wife will give statement in ur favour then no problem for u.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 December 2015

Arya samaj marriage is as valid as SMA or HMA.U get it registered as soon as the marriage is over.But see that the girl stands by U in case of any legal assault by her parents.What is the attitude of UR parents.

nitin jain   13 December 2015

My parents are happy and accepting my decision and ready to go and speak to her parent, but girl parent are not ready to speak to us. They are threatening girl, that they will harm or kill me if I she stop speaking to me. So we are planning to get married.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register