LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinaz Patel (business)     18 August 2009

4th Generation Rental

We are the 4th generation tenants, in this place. The landlord had filed a cased way back in 1991 when my grandfather passed away and the landlord's cousin who is now the estate owner,  refused to transfer the receipts in my fathers names alleging that , after my grandpa passed away, there was no one staying there for 1 year and that since we have ownership flat that is "alternate accomodation:"

We have more than 100 documents to prove the contrary. The case has dragged on aimlessly with lawyer making profit and we keep getting date , after date.

Now the landlords cousin had  fight with his sisters , so probably for that reason he approached us for settlement amount.

Our lawyer seems to be bought or at least inept. with handling the case so we got his uncle as consel who is more honest and professional. But not before the cross of the landlord finished.

I wonder how this will head. Except for those 1-2 years which opp side allleges that we were absent and we hav eproof that we were there , we have always stayed there .

Is this strong case to fight per mumbai tenancy act or should we settle.

IF we settle , how is  a fair settlement done ?   what is the typical % of market price tenant pays ALSO is there now or in future any law coming where you can purchase rented home  yourself .

PLEASE advise someone thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register