LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

user100   06 March 2018

498a court summons after charge sheet

When police came to serve 498a court summons , we went to hospital , only my father was at home . My father has collected the summon for him. My father was been unwell for couple of months. It seems police told my father that he will paste summons for remaining members on the wall. My father said ok. He did not paste on the wall , but he simply went back by leaving ASI mobile number.
I did not call ASI after we came back from hospital. This is because, when I went for investigation, he refused to give FIR and threatened to arrest that too after taking bribe for 41 notices. I told him that I am ready for arrest there and then. He stepped back said he can not give FIR , higher officials will give , asked me to come later.
Will they serve the summons again? (OR) Would there be any problem with my absence during first service?

Learning

4 Replies

Ambanshu Sahni   06 March 2018

Dear User

If the person for whom the summons are issued is not present then they may be served on the major male member of the family, which in present case is your father. Therefor requirment as per the Criminal Procedure Code is fullfiled and you took part in the investigation, therfore there is no need to panick and join the investigation.

Warmly

Ambanshu Sahni

user100   06 March 2018

My father had received only his summon, not other members of the family. This is because my father is illiterate and had bad experience from police without FIR.

Will they try to serve the summons to remaining members again or will get the warrant from court?

user100   06 March 2018

My father had received only his summon, not other members of the family. This is because my father is illiterate and had bad experience from police without FIR.

Will they try to serve the summons to remaining members again or will get the warrant from court?

Ambanshu Sahni   06 March 2018

I think they will get the summons again and even if they do get warrants it will be bailable, so no need to panic. If yor are near chandighar-delhi region, feel free to contact me at 7291090489.

Warmly

Ambanshu Sahni

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register