LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul   10 October 2017

Wrong marital status in passport, can i get it right?

I married my girlfriend under special marriage act years ago in college. Few years later,due to some problems while making our passport we had to hide this fact and had to tick married column as unmarried. So in our passport spouse name part is still blank as unmarried. Now as our marriage certificate was made long back like in 2006 and our passport was made like in 2012.. how can i get this information corrected on passport as married by showing old marriage certificate? Will this be counted as an legal offence that i gave wrong marriage information while making passport or its normal to get it corrected if i got it wrong while filing the passport application form the first time? Whats the best way to correct this error on passport now?


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 October 2017

Have you got alternate to that of already recorded ?

Now that is not so serious fact that can be suspected as persons may be having individual problems.

Do'nt worry and file on line correction, do not anticipate any problems and this is a routine matter for them, and nobody may even notice.

In case if they object that there is no criminal intention to suppress the fact and that you have some personal problems and issues as dependents.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 October 2017

Yes, make a true disclosure of the facts. It could be that the entries the passport would be corrected in the routine matter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2017

Agreed with above.

The said error is to be corrected the the office only and correction is to be applied by you.

The persons deployed in office to help can explain and help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register