FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

selva raj   21 November 2019

writ of mandamas

can a high court direct consumer fora by a writ to decide consumer dispute as per consumer law, when they decide not as per consumer law, but by their discretionary powers? thanks for your response.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2019

There is a time frame for deciding a consumer complaint and the complainant can make such a petition to the forum or refer the matter to State Commission.  Explore other avenues also. Please contact a competent advocate, these writs from HC give the president wrong impression and he may try even to give a judgment adverse to your interest. Patience in court matters is always paying, and there is no other alternative.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2019

What are the facts of the complaint case?

Generally writ is not maintainable in consumer case.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

If you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) with relevant case file at: Chamber no 647, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwaraka, New Delhi-75 Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: vakil-saab.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query