LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema shah (Business)     16 June 2022

Window grill colours

I live in a 18 year old building. The Iron grills on windows are installed by flat owners. They were painted in black for all these 18 years.Recently a repairing work of building was done where all grills were painted white. Now the managing committee is asking to keep them white and not allowing black paint . Can I go against this decision? Can I be penalized/fined for painting them black?

Learning

4 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 June 2022

If a resolution is passed in the AGM of the society to colour the window grills white, you can not go against the decision of the AGM. The AGM of the society can decide on the cosmetic appearance of the society building. 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     16 June 2022

After all, it is an apartment and if all window grills are painted white and one apartment owner decides to have black colour, it looks odd. In such simple and routine matters, it is always advisable to go with the majority and not get the matter unnecessarily litigate.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 June 2022

You have to make a decision as to whether repainting as per society uniformity is important or it is economical to enter into litigation and spoil the relationship is important.  A common man always wishes to have a peaceful neighbourhood and not tension-filled surroundings.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 June 2022

You are living in a society where majority rules. 

The resolution adopted in AGM shall prevail on the subject(s) concerning asthetic conditions of the society.

It is not a legal dispute / problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register