My husband (youngest of the 3 brothers) expired 3 months ago on 1st April 2012, I live in joint family where we share the living room, kitchen and all the common areas. But just 2 days ago our Ration got seperated by my sis-in-law.
I have an 8 and a half year old son.
2 bro-in-laws both married and have 1 son each. The eldest one has a dual citizenship and lives in Canada, and the second on lives here in mumbai with us.
And in all the joint property my husbands name clearly appears on all documents.
I would like to know 2 things:
1. is a waris nama and succsession the same?
2. what is the procedure to get this done? can i do it myself by going to the required offices to save money.
3. My bro-in-law says - I have no rights and that he would get me into trouble if I get into legal proceedings. He says his brothers name (my husband) will always be on the propety for emotinal reasons.
4. If to keep the peace in the family (there isnt any really) I do not get the name changed can he get my name out of the property in any way?
5. I know of only 2 properties that are owned jointly by my husband. But I also know there are many other properties that the family owns which has his name on it, but I dont know about them. is there a place where one can find out all the propeties owned by an individual in a particular city (mumbai)?
6. If yes what is the procedure.
I really need your help and advice as my parents are old and I am alone and feel very lost right now.