Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife ran away with boy friend, can we take any action?

Page no : 2

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 November 2011

Collect all sort of evidences for her running away and staying with boy friend;

Get rid of her as she desires i.e. mutual divorce,  otherwise she will make your life miserable besides asking money. 

Be rest assured you cannot enjoy happy married life with her in such circumstances.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 November 2011

Lodge a case of adultery and then negotiate to get rid of her.





Shonee Kapoor

2 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 November 2011

Unfortunately your parents can not lodge a complaint in this case.





Shonee Kapoor

Srinivas Yeni (worker)     29 November 2011

wife threatening to file a dowry case if I do not give money. I have not asked for a penny.

for dowry cases, should wife have proofs? or is it like wife's/in laws words are taken as golden words.


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 November 2011

To start prosecution (To register FIR, no proofs are required, but for conviction, she would surely need proofs.



Shonee Kapoor

Srinivas Yeni (worker)     29 November 2011

Thanks Shonee sir

Just would like to find out the steps

Once the FIR is lodged, should we go to court for trial? And for trial, should wife have any proofs

how frequently should one go...I am working, but my wife is not.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2011

If the advise of Mr Sonee does not appeal to you then wait for being arrested with family on false dowry demand charge and none wil ten give credence to you charge of adultery which you seem are not interested.  If your hurdles is that you are working then after she frames you in such a case you may not then be working either.

Srinivas Yeni (worker)     30 November 2011

wife's parents have locked my wife in a room. As a husband can I take any action against my in laws for locking her in a room?


their parents cannot interfere in your family matters... she is a major and married... go for it... claim your piece... of honey...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 December 2011

TERI PROBLEM KYA HAI ?  sometimes you are aggreieved of uncharste wife and have all the arguments of not filing any adultery case against her lover. Even thoug you know that she wants to spend happy life with him at your cost by fleecing you and you mught well be aware that cruel dowry law is in her hand and it si in her hand as long as you do not make succssful adultery charge. Now suddenly your are worried abiout what ill-treatment she is getting from her parents and you want to take action against il-laws.  Someone well advised you that as husband you can take action agains tthem and you can take such action even if you are going to be ruined in bargain. Now your future you have already lost wiefe's love.  You create animity with her parents by taking criminal action aginast them [she may even deny having been locked] so that they join togather and send you to jail with your parents, borther(if married alongiwth their wives), sisters (if married alongiwth their husbands), some odd uncle and aunt as well in a false dowry demand case. uska kuch nahin jayega tera kuch nahin bachega.   

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

Right Srinivas,


You are changing stances, please be clear what do you want.





Shonee Kapoor

Aishwarya (Teacher)     02 December 2011

o very nicely written and suggested by sudhir ji..

@ author

..please decide and have,  one track mindset only ..don't try to get hold of every situation .

.just be practical and then do or ask about things u really intend to do that may suit ur future wellbeing only..

priya (student)     03 December 2011

i think u were js confrmng any connection with wife being detained and ur case being stronger.

anyways Wife has made her intentions clear.. n u shud also make urs clear...proof should be collected before she knows of ur filiing case towards her so that she does not hide things..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 December 2011

If your wife is detained and you want her back. File Habeas Corpus in High Court.





Shonee Kapoor

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 December 2011

Mr Sonee advised you filing heabus corpus, if you really want your wife back [whom you allege to have eloped and want to fleece you so that to have good time with her paramour. If this writ is filed she will be produced before court where she is free to allege that she was not detained rather wa hiding from your torture. Then what will you do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads