Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikal (executive)     26 June 2012

Who is right..builder!! or lawyer!!..transfer of allottment

Dear Sir,
My Unmarried Brother working with a Pvt. Company died due to illness last year.
Prior to his death,he has Booked a Flat in His Name from a Pvt. Builder in NOIDA & had taken Loan for financing the Flat & was paying EMI for the same.
The Builder himself was developing Property on 90 years lease.Under the Builder-Buyer Agreement on Rs.100 stamp paper(Not Registered with Sub-Registrar),
regarding Terms of Allottment,the Builder had assured handing over possession of Flat after completion of Flat,which will be completed in 2014.The Property had to be registered with Sub-Registrar after getting possession,ie Sub-Lease Deed had to be executed in my brother’s name.After his death,My Mother paid all Outstanding Loans of Bank & got NOC from Bank.The Builder is asking for a Succession Certificate/Unregistered or Registered Will/Legal Heir Certificate to get the Allottment of Flat Transferred in Mother’s Name.
I consulted a Lawyer who said,
1-Succession Certificate is for Movable assets Only,so it will Not Make Sense.
2-Fortunately,my brother had Executed a Unregistered  Will in Favour of His Mother .But The Lawyer says,Since the Deceased was not Absolute Owner of Property at the time of making Will or at the Time of His Death & hence cannot Bequeath it to Mother.
My Father is ready to give NOC to Builder,but Builder is Reluctant saying if allottment of Flat gets transferred in Mother’s name in a Invalid Way,The Noida Authority may create hurdles at the time of Registraton of property in Mother’s name & may impose a hefty penalty on both builder & Buyer.Kindly Guide as how to come out of this Puzzle,as Mother is already disturbed a lot after this Unfortunate Death.

Awaiting Good Guidance
A Human Being in Distress

Learning

2 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     26 June 2012

1)The view of your advocate is hereby endorsed that Succession Certificate is meant for movable properties.

2)The will has been executed for whatever interest your brother was having in the property and it should suffice the purpose.

3)There should not be any problem when all the legal heirs are united in transferring the property in the name of your mother.

vikal (executive)     27 June 2012

Dear Sir,

We have submitted a Ration Card to The Builder & also a Surviving member certificate showing father & Mother as Family Members.But the Builder is saying how can he be Assured ,Who all are the Legal Heirs of Deceased So that they may issue NOC in Favour of Mother.He has asked for a Legal Heirship Certificate from Court towards the payment made by My Brother to builder which is about Rs. 6 lacs,but this will involve heavy court fees,which we cannot afford as we are under pressure to pay liabilities of the deceased.

Kindly Inform:

1-How to satisfy Builder who all are Class I & Class II Legal Heirs to Deceased!! If Ration Card & Surviving Members Certificate (Having Valuation upto Rs.5000) isued by SDM will Not Suffice??

2-If only Class I Legal Heirs Have to Give NOC or Class II also.as the deceased had Only His Mother as Class I Heir & remaining as Class II Heirs.

3-How to Approach Court for a Simple Solution of above dispute without Involving Property & Exorbitant Court Fess in UP..

Thanks For This Help.

Regards Vikal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register