Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fayaz (Student)     18 July 2014

Whats is the procedure to file rti to court

Hi Everyone, 

I have applied RTI for seeking copy of documents for an FIR, which has been closed.

I got a reply from court with the following statement..
 "The applicant has asked for the documents/statement reports on the file of III ACMM. The information sought in respect of judicial proceedings. So the applicant has to file an application before the concerned court for document / certified copies and Presiding Officer of the said court has to consider the said application and pass an appropriate order for grant of documents / certified copies.
      As per the decision of the Hon'ble High Court of Karnataka in W.P.No. 9418/08 (GM-RES) dt 26.08.2009 reported in ILR 2009 Karnataka 3890 the party should file application for certified of judicial proceedings by following the procedures prescribed in High Court Rules.
      The subordinate courts follow the Criminal Rules of Practice 1968 framed by the Hon'ble High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore to issue certified copies in Criminal cases."

can anyone please assist me,  
     How to file an application before concerned court for documents..?? (Procedure like, whom we need to ask for application..??, where we get it..??, any postal order or fee needs to pay..?? Do we need to send it from postal / registered post or in person..??)
     What are the prerequisite to get copy of documents regarding my case from Bangalore III CMM court..??

Thank you very much in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2014

you are using RTI for a document whi is otherwise available.

Fayaz (Student)     20 July 2014

Hi Sir, I have sent RTI, but they replied with a rejected letter with the above mentioned reason.. :(

Instead, asking me to appeal to the court to get permission. So that, if I show this granted letter from court then the concern department (Information officer) will give a copy of statement reports submitted by police for particular criminal case which I filed in police station. 

Now, my doubt is how to appeal to concern court (high court / CMM court) to seek permission to information officer to provide copy of documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register