LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Singh   08 June 2021

WANT TO SHOW PARENTS AS DEPENDENT

I am working in bank and i want to show them dependent on me in bank. They owned 7 acre agriculture land but they are getting a fix amt from me i.e. Rs10000/- pm. According to bank guidelines if parents earning is upto Rs10000/- they can be dependent. But now bank is raising objection by saying you can show them dependent on you as they owned 7 acre agri land. moreover they owned a liability i.e. KCC on their land.

So want you valuable views on this as I want to show them my dependent and they can execute affidavit of the same.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 June 2021

What is income generated by 7 acres of agricultural land depending on the scale of finance, expenditure, income on such crops as prepared by the lead bank where the agricultural lands are situated?  Was your father not drawing any pension/deposit interest, rental income, or income from his other children?  How many children they are having and as to whether they are fully dependant on you.  .  What is your bank definition of a person having 7 Acres.....Small ?  Marginal ? or Large ?.  It all depends on the area where lands are situated.  7 acres of Mango garden, paddy cultivation, coconut farms can not be compared with 7-acre maize and millets cultivating the land.

Except for LTC and reimbursement of medical allowances, you are not. going to get any additional benefit on such a dependent clause.  One must be clean in his record and should not involve in any doubtful or controversial issues during early career

Having 7 acres of land is only possible to rich landlords in irrigated places.  Do not take any risks while disclosing personal facts to bank.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     09 June 2021

What is the nature of the land ie. Wet or Dry. What is the annual agriculture income. If they have loan under KCC and if such loan is above Rs. 10000 they may not be eligible. It's not the quantum of land holding but the income earned is the criteria. You may approach your Union or Association to resolve the issue.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 June 2021

Every Institution has its own norms in this context. All that could be suggested is that what matters is not the extent of land, but the income therefrom.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 June 2021

The member should come out with facts.  Mere rejection as dependents is not serious.  Knowing that they are not his dependents, the employee might have claimed such an amount against the rules, and to face the charges he may be requiring the forum for due defense.  As far as I am aware, no bank asks the dependents list at any time, they may raise objection only while reimbursing such amount drawn by employee with misleading claims..   Please come out with such facts if you wanted precise guidance. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2021

You may have to peruse the rules and regulations of your bank in this regard.

If at all your manager is objecting this on his own accord, you can ask him to give it in writing quoting relevant laws governing the situation.

You can challenge the same if the bank authorities are wrong in interpretation of laws in this regard  through a court of law or any other legal forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More