LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Want to file divorce after 2 months of marriage

I got married in April 2016 and since then I have been facing problems of physical and mental abuse by my husband. My parents had given me lot of gold on my marriage and I kept that gold in my locker because that's my istreedhan but my in-laws and husband wants me to keep that gold in their locker. After 3 days of marriage he took me to Bali for honeymoon and kept demanding gold from me. He physically and mentally abused me daily on honeymoon and I recorded his statements where he's demanding my gold and he has agreed that he has beaten me. He's abusing a lot in the recordings and sound like he's Psycho. He also threatened to kill himself with a knife in the recording. He said that he won't take my responsibility and he won't ever spend a single penny on me and eventually he did the same in last 2 months. After 2 months I came to my maternal home to meet my parents and since then he's neither contacting me and nor responding. I want to seek divorce on these grounds of physical and mental torture. Please let me know if court will accept the recordings as a proof and can I seek dvorce in 2 months of marriage? My husband's salary is 70K n mine is 28 K . How much allimony can I get and what all claims can I make on him.


 5 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     01 July 2016

religion of you and your husband please. ..


Our religion is Hindu

A walk alone (-)     03 July 2016

@Ally ,yes you can file divorce with the help of these recording. Court will consider these recording. Alimony depends upon the merits of your case

kuljeet singh sohal   28 August 2016

ally before one year you cant apply for the divorce you can only file a complained in local police station as domestic voilece first coz you need to proov in court the mental desease with solid proves then court will examine the medcal ground if court is agreed on medical ground then court will give dicree of divorce but first step is fir in local pollce station as dv

kuljeet singh sohal   28 August 2016

then i/o will give put sections under ipc and the report will finalise what should you do consult any good advocate prior to this better in your case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register