LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinoth (Software Engineer)     15 December 2011

Want to correct mother name in dob certificate

Hi Everyone,

 I born on 1-7-1989. My mom have 2 names

1) janathi - which everyone will call her in home,relatives.

2) shanthi - all her certificate names X,XII,PAN,Driving License,Bank Account

but when i was born my grand parents given my mom name as JAYANTHI :(

so it was printed in my birth certificate as

Mother Name : Jayanthi

I changed in govt gazette as shanthi after some googling.

when i apply for passport I have written mother name as:Shanthi

Passport officers rejected my application and told me to get a affidavit from notary public & news paper advertisements.becoz, name change is there from your DOB certificate & passport application mother name.

I also shown the govt gazette but they not considered it as govt document.

so plz help me. how to change my mother name from jayanthi(home name) to shanthi(certificate name).

I am in chennai.


 2 Replies

T. George Mathew (Advocate)     15 December 2011

Make an affidavit on a 100 rupee stamp paper,write  whatever changes you want to be in the name the reason why it was not mentioned or wrongly mentioned, and the purpose of the affidavit,then get it notorised.


Go to an Advocate he/she will do the same for you/  

prabhu (student)     11 April 2013

hi vinoth, i'm also facing the same problem can yo tell how to change my mother name in gazette...........pls tell me soon this s my mail id

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register